Sunday, January 5, 2014

Starting on Birthday cards for January 2014

I started making my January birthday cards today.  I have three family birthdays in January; my two sister-in-laws and my nephew in-law.  I also have a friend with a January birthday.  So, today I finished my husbands sister's card and my nephew in-law.  Their birthdays are this week.  The cards are posted below.  Enjoy!

This is my card for my sister-in-law and friend.  She likes purple.  This is a 5x7 card.  I have a huge stash of paper and used scraps for most of this card, basically in shades of purple.  I used Stampin Up stamps, ink and punches on this card.  I used the Simply Sketched stamp set.  All three stamps are from that set, it's a hostess gift.  The punches I used are Elegant Butterfly, Itty bitty butterfly, scallop oval, and large oval.  I used a watercolor technique on the flower using Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade and Old Olive inks.  Be inspired and be creative; make your own cards.

 
 
Here is the envelope I made to go with the card.  I believe in sending a little joy through the mail and decorate my envelopes.  I also use envelope liners on many of my cards.

 
 
Here are the card and envelope together.  I hope you enjoy viewing my paper art.

 
 
 
This is a very simple card that I made for my nephew in-law.  I used khaki paper for the card and the wood grain piece.  The wood grain is embossed on the Big Shot and then inked with Stampin Up Crumb Cake ink.  I used red and blue scraps for the two edge pieces.  I used Stampin Up Itty Bitty die cuts and the Happy Birthday stamp.  I cut out a plain blue banner, cut it in half and put at each end of the red banner.  I learned this trick from another Stampin Up person.  I used blue and khaki twine on the left.  The stars are dies that I have.  I have a huge stash of die cuts, alphabets, etc.  Paul loves baseball, especially the Yankees and this reminded me a little of baseball.  I need to collect some Yankee paper dies, stickers, etc.  This is an A2 card 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.

 
 
This is the card and envelope together.  Just a simple envelope and no lining for this one.

 




Another view of the card.   This is so simple and another way to make a masculine card.  They are hard to find.

 
 
Joyful and creative blessings,
 



No comments:

Post a Comment