Monday, April 25, 2016

Happy 90th Birthday Celebration

This is the last February birthday card and it is a special celebration.  My Aunt Mary turned 90 this year and her family had a surprise party for her.  They asked us all to send cards.  They wanted to have at least 90 cards for her.  So, I made two; one for me to sign and one for my husband to sign. They received way more than 90 cards.  The party was a great success.  Many of us traveled from out of state to celebrate.  So, it was a big family reunion.


Aunt Mary is in the pink top.  Her husband is behind her.
Her oldest daughter, Chris is next to her.  Chris put this
all together.


Does this woman look 90; I think not.  She is an
amazing woman full of heart, fun, and lots of spunk.


Here are the two cards I made.



This is the Crooky Cake card made with SOA,
Young at Heart stamp sets and dies.  I love this 
SOA set, it is so fun.  Check out the Catherine Pooler
Stamp Nation blog, link on this site, for all the 
information about where and how to get 
these stamps and dies.

This card uses the Crooky Cake stamp set and cake and frame dies
by Cas-ual Fridays, Ring in the Celebration by Winnie 
and Walter; and sentiments from Young at Heart Sentiments by 
Sugar Pea Designs. 



The inside of the card.  I love this sentiment.  The SU
Coastal Cabana is the inside of the frame die.  


The envelope and front of the card.  The  ink colors 
used in this card are SU's Melon Mambo, Tempting
Turquoise, and Elegant Eggplant.  




This is the second card I made.  This came from
SU Tin of Cards kit.  The front of the card is
all SU.  The inside is from SOA Young at Heart.



The inside of the card is mostly from SOA Young
at Heart sets by Sugar Pea Designs.  The 'with love'
is from SU August 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit.  If you 
haven't tried Paper Pumpkin, check it out on my 
my blog and SU website.


Below is the envelope using the same
stamp sets as the inside of the card.


Below is the card and envelope together.
The sentiment on the envelope is from 
SU Serene Silhouettes set (retired). 


Happy Birthday Aunt Mary, may you have many
more for us to celebrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment