Monday, April 11, 2016

Still Catching Up - Early 2016


January 2016

Triple Layer Floral Card

My sister-in-law loves purple so I wanted to give her a birthday card with a lot of purple.  This is an older technique that I used on this card.  It is the Triple layer card that is so easy when you have the instructions.  You will find them below.


The first photo is the front of the card and envelope.  
I used SU Whisper White cardstock for the stamped layers 
and SU Elegant Eggplant for the card base and contrasting color layers.  
I used a combination of  SU Butterfly Basics stamp set
 and the Stamp of Approval (SOA) Friendship/Eva's Favorite Flowers for this card.  
I embossed the right corner of the Whisper White
with the Darice Fluttering Butterfly corner embossing folder.
I stamped the Butterfly using SU Butterfly Basics stamp set
and punched it out using SU Elegant Butterfly punch.
 I used SU Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Wisteria Wonder, and Pear Pzazz inks.







The above photo is the inside of the card.


This is the back of the envelope.  I am stamping 
the back flap more often now.  I like it.


This is the envelope liner.  I think it really finishes 
off the envelope.


Triple Layer Card Instructions:

This technique has been around for a long time.  I have found many different cards and instructions
on Pinterest.  I have used the most common A-2 card size (5 1/2" X 4 1/4") with a side fold.

Cut the Elegant Eggplant (card base & contrasting layers) and Whisper White for the stamping layers.

For the card base and darker contrasting Elegant Eggplant layers:

  • 51/2" X 8 1/2", fold in half at 4 1/4 on the 8 1/2 side for the card base of 5 1/2"X 4 1/4"; 
  • 2 1/4" X 3 1/2" and,
  • 3 1/4" X 4 1/2" for the contrast layers
Set these aside for now

For the stamping layers on Whisper White:

  • 2" X 3 1/4"
  • 3" X 4 1/4"
  • 4" X 5 1/4"

Using temporary tape, layer the Whisper White layers on top of each other.  At this point
I embossed the right corner with the Darice Fluttering Butterfly corner embossing folder.  If you
don't want to do this, think about where you want your sentiment if using one.  The sentiment should
be stamped first or you know where you will  place the sentiment.

Now, let your creativity flow.  Stamp on the layers with whatever stamps you choose.  I started with
the larger flowers and the fern leaves first.  Then I filled in with the medium and smaller flowers.  Be sure to stamp off the edges of each layer.  Mix the different colors around the page.  Stamp until you like what you see.  There is no right or wrong way to do this.

Note:  You can use flowers, leaves, snowflakes, hearts, butterflies, trees, graphics, words, or any stamp you want with this technique.  It can be a masculine or feminine card depending on what you use.

Take the white layers apart and don't worry.  Just wait for the magic now.


  • Take the large (4" X 5 1/4")  stamped layer and adhere it to the front of the Elegant Eggplant card base.  
  • Now adhere the 3" X 4 1/4" stamped layer to the 3 1/4" X 4 1/2" Elegant Eggplant layer; then adhere it on top of the first layer on the card base.
  • Adhere the 2" X 3 1/4"stamped layer to the 2 1/4" X 3 1/2 " Elegant Eggplant layer; then adhere on top of the middle layer.
Do you see the magic yet?   I decided to add the butterfly on the card and adhered it with SU Dimensionals.






7th Birthday Present Card and Bag

This card and gift bag was made for my great-nephew.
His birthday is actually December 26th and we
always celebrate his birthday in January.  It was 
his 7th birthday and I want to make something 
bright and fun.



I mainly used designer paper for this card to 
create the background.  The presents were stamped
using DeNami birthday present stamp and SU 
Tempting Turquiose, Calypso Coral, and Daffodil
Delight inks.  For the envelope I used Brenda 
Walton stickers.


This shows the card, envelope, and gift bag.


Close-up of the front of the card.


The inside of the card.  Instead of stamping on the
inside of the card, I use a strip of the designer
paper to tie it to the front of the card.


A close up of the gift bag.  It has a gift card for
a birthday date with me.  I take my great-niece and nephews
on a birthday date each year so we have time together.  We
go to a movie, out to lunch, and shopping.  I love these 
birthday dates.



Birthday Rings Card

I made this card for my nephew in-law for his 
birthday in January.  I tried a new technique for me
using a stencil, inks and a Ranger Ink blending
tool.  The stencil is Pattern of the Rings
 from Winnie & Walter that came in the 
Stamp of Approval (SOA) Friendship set in August.
You can learn all about SOA on Catherine Pooler's 
Stamp Nation site; see the Link on this site.  
It is an awesome place where
card makers and other paper crafters come together.
I used greens, yellows, and light browns to
create an ombre look.  I loved how it turned out.
The photo doesn't do it justice.  This was done
on SU Very Vanilla cardstock.




The card base is SU Soft Suede.  The large frame layer is 
SU Early Espresso.  The sentiment is from the
 SU  Perfect Punches stamps set (retired)
and stamped in SU Early Espresso.
 It is punched out with SU Large Oval Punch.
It sits on top of  SU Very Vanilla cardstock
stamped in SU Brown Sugar ink (retired)
using SU Gorgeous Grunge and Clockworks stamp sets.
The frame layer for this is SU Soft Suede cardstock.
Brown and white twine is behind the sentiment.
The sentiment is raised by SU dimensionals.


This is the inside of the card.  I carried the Gorgeous
Grunge  and Clockworks theme from the front.
The sentiments are 
stamped in Early Espresso and Brown Sugar.
Good wishes... stamp is from SU Lovely Amazing You
The other sentiment is from Savvy Stamps. 


The front of the card and envelope.  The same theme
of Gorgeous Grunge and Clockworks continues on the envelope.  The sentiment 
from the front of the card is also used on the envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment