Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Pocketful of Sunshine Birthday Cards

When I first saw the Pocketful of Sunshine Stamp Set, I thought about two of my great nephews and their upcoming birthdays.  I checked out Pinterest, You Tube and the SU Demonstrators Facebook Page for ideas.  I was inspired by a number of cards I saw and cased the following two cards for my great-nephews who were turning 13 and 14 this summer.  The first card for my 14 year old great-nephew was a combination of many card ideas so I can't give credit to any one stamper.  The second card was cased by the stamper who I then cased and I don't have either of their names.  I am usually so careful about this.  It is important to give credit to the original designer.




The card base is made with Dapper Denim cardstock;
it is 8 1/2 by 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4.  The front panel
is Lemon Lime Twist 5 1/4 by 4.  I used the Eastern 
Beauty Stamp Set to randomly stamp the different
size dotted circles in Dapper Denim and 
Lemon Lime Twist ink.  I used the same stamps
and ink for the inside of the card and the envelope,
see photos below.
The money was stamped on Old Olive and Wild Wasabi
cardstock in the same inks using the Pocketful of Sunshine   
Stamp Set.  They were cut out using the
 Pocket Framelit Dies.  The pocket was stamped using
the Pocketful of Sunshine Stamp Set
on Dapper Denim cardstock and stamped using 
Basic Black Archival ink, including the sentiment.
The pocket was then cut out using the Pocket Framelit Dies.
The money was adhered using Tombow glue to the inside of the pocket.
The pocket was then adhered on a slant,
using dimensionals to pop it up.


This is the inside of the card.  I stamped the pattern
used on the front of the card in the lower left and 
upper right of the Whisper White cardstock before 
it was adhered to the card base.  That way you can 
stamp off the page which adds interest to the card.

The Sentiment was stamped in Dapper Denim ink
using the Stylized Birthday Stamp ( I love the font
on this stamp).



Here is the Envelope and completed card.



So, this is the card for the 13 year old great-nephew.
This card is so like him and I had fun putting it together.

The card base is Whisper White Thick cardstock, again
8 1/2 by 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4.  It is turned on its 
side with a top fold.  Then I did a full front panel
of Lemon Lime Twist (5 1/2 by 4 1/4), adhered with Tombow glue. 
I topped that panel with Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper
(5 1/4 by 4), adhered with Tombow glue.  Using the Large
Letters Framelits, I cut out the 'C' and 'L'.  I tried
to center them on the panel and closer to the top of the panel so the
sunglasses would fit.  They were adhered with Tombow glue.

Using the Pocketful of Sunshine Stamp Set, I stamped the sunglasses
in Lemon Lime Twist on Whisper White cardstock.  I cut the
sunglasses out using the Pocket Framelits.   These were
adhered using dimensionals to pop them up.  Can you see
the word COOL on the front?

The sentiment was stamped in Tranquil Tide on
a Lemon Lime Twist oval cut out using the Stitched 
Shapes Framelits.  I confess the sentiment came from
a retired stamp set and I'm not sure of the name.  I 
would recommend using "Let's Celebrate Your Day!" 
from the Birthday Delivery Stamp Set.  This was 
adhered using dimensionals to pop it up.




On to the inside of the card.  This is all stamped 
or cut out using Tranquil Tide and Lemon Lime Twist.
The balloons are from that same retired stamp set. The 
Happy Birthday is from a Paper Pumpkin kit in
February 2016 (I think). The rest of the sentiment 
is done using the Number of Years Stamp Set.
This set is so versatile and can be used in many
different ways.  It also has a Framelit set that goes 
with the stamps.




Here is the envelope all by itself.  Yes, there are
those retired stamps again.  Please check out 
Birthday Delivery and Happy Birthday Gorgeous
for balloons and sentiments in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog.

I hope you liked these birthday card ideas.  There are more
to come from my Birthday Fun class in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment