Monday, February 12, 2018

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives for January 2018 Kit

As promised, I have the Paper Pumpkin Alternatives for both December 2017 (see December's in tomorrow's post) and January 2018.  I decided to post the January alternative first because Valentine's Day is so close.  I really love this kit and think there are many possibilities other than Valentine's for it.  Of course, I didn't stray from Valentine's in my alternatives.  Watch in the future for other ideas.


Here are the two alternatives I did for the January
Paper Pumpkin Kit.  I did one for each card; each
one very different from the other.  





This alternative was inspired by Patty Bennett.
She did a number of alternatives for this kit.  
What Patty inspired for this card was gluing
down the top flap of the card rather than opening 
it up.  See my post from February 8th to see the original
card.  Then you can tuck the note card in the
corner.  Tie the ribbon as an accent.


                                     

I used Rich Razzleberry to stamp the notecard.
The top hearts are from the Retired  Sealed with
Love stamp set from 2017 Occasions Catalog.
The Happy Valentine's Day is from the January
2018 kit.  The sentiment on the lower right is
from All Things Thanks Stamp Set in the
2017-18 Annual Catalog.  The heart on the
sentiment is Rich Razzleberry from the
Brights Enamel Shapes.


This is the second alternative I made.  I essentially
cut the card up and rearranged everything.  The
front heart panel is actually the back of the
original card trimmed down a little.  I love how the
vellum heart pops out on this card.  I used the 
Flirty Flamingo banner in the kit, and cut it in 
half and trimmed the ends to a point.  Then Stamped
Be Mine in Basic Black from the kit.  The accents 
are from the 2016-18 enamel shapes in Flirty 
Flamingo.  The card base is in Flirty Flamingo and 
is a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.  The accent panel is Copper Foil
to pick up the copper in the hearts on the front panel.
I don't know how well you can see this part; I
stamped words of love in Flirty Flamingo to create
texture and a background.  You could change
this up for a birthday, thank you, friendship, congratulations,
or whatever if you want.  I like angling the paper
sometimes.  It gives a unique look to the card.


This is the inside of the card.  I took the front
bottom of the original card and put it in
the right corner of the inside.  Then instead of 
leaving the notecard loose or tucked in the 
pocket, I adhered it as the inside panel.  I did
use one of the stamps from the kit the stamp
the envelope with hearts coming out.  I like
using the notecard this way. 

I hope these alternative cards inspire you to use
your January Paper Pumpkin kit.  Or if you 
aren't a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I encourage you to do so.
It is a kit that comes once a month with everything
included to make the projects inside.  This kit
had 16 cards to make and as usual, there are 
extra supplies with which to make other projects.
I would love to be your demonstrator and share
creative time together.  Until the end of March
if you sign up for Paper Pumpkin for three months, 
you will qualify for free items found in the 
Sale-A-Bration Catalog.

Enjoy and do something creative every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment