Tuesday, September 4, 2018

CSWM Girl on the Beach Card

Sorry, I missed last week.  Both my husband and I ended up having health issues that had to be dealt with immediately.  I was busy resting and helping my husband with his health issues.  We are back on track, through taking better care of ourselves.

This is my second post for the August Come Stamp With Me "Fun Techniques" Class.  This was a great class and we all had fun.  This card was a hit and a favorite among the participants.  A couple of them talked about framing their card and using it as a home décor item.  I love when we can find multi purposes for the cards or projects we make.   I love this card and have made it in different ways a couple of times.  I hope you enjoy it too.



This card takes me to the beach on the Oregon Coast.
I can hear the birds and smell the ocean breezes.  It
makes me happy....  This is a 5 x 7 card using SU
Whisper White ( 6 3/4 x 4 3/4) to create the beach scene.

This card is made using the SU High Tide and Beautiful You
stamp sets. The first thing I stamped was the dancing
girl from the SU Beautiful You stamp set 
in Black Memento towards the left of the card.  
I then put a paper mask over her so she stood 
on her own without taking on the background colors.

The sand dune is created using two
of the sand & grass stamps from the SU High Tide
stamp set and SU Crumb Cake.  I added more color
to create texture.  I then added the seagrass in 
SU Soft Suede, mostly stamped off for a lighter
color, although you can see where I forgot to stamp off.
Some people liked the darker seagrass and didn't stamp off.
It is so much fun when people do their own creative ideas
and share them with others.  This happens a lot in the 
Come Stamp With Me Classes.  We are all there to 
support each other, be creative, and have fun!

Next, I created the sky and sea.  First, I used a piece
of scrap paper to create a mask for the sand dunes.
Using a sponge dauber and SU Balmy Blue ink,
I lightly laid a base for the sky and sea.  Go in a
circular pattern, starting off the edge of the paper.  
Lift off the dauber in some areas, you can see
it looks like soft clouds are in the sky.

Then, I used the water stamp from the SU High Tide
stamp set and SU Coastal Cabana ink to create the sea.  
Think about creating a horizon between the sky and sea. 
Then go for it, I stamped off in some areas and stamped 
full on in order to create texture and movement of the sea.
Just play with this until you get the look you like.

Then the last thing to stamp are the birds and 
any other sentiment you want to add in SU Soft Suede.  
Then using the sponge daubers and SU Balmy Blue and Crumb Cake
inks, edge the border of the beach scene. 

Remove the mask from the dancing girl and color in her 
dress and hat using SU Stampin' Blends.  I used Flirty Flamingo
and Pineapple Punch on this card.  The class participants went
wild and there were different designs and colors on every card.  
People loved sharing their ideas and then using someone else's 
creative idea.  We had polka dots, mixed colors, one red dress and one
purple dress.  They were all awesome.  I learn so much at these classes.

Now, the fun part...using SU Alphabet Dies, create a word of 
your choice, that is 5 letters or less.  Some examples are:
Smile, Happy, Dance, Love, Hugs, Thank, and on...  
You lay out the letters across the beach scene and
cut the word out using a Big Shot machine.

Adhere the Beach Scene layer to the Balmy Blue layer.
Using SU Dimensionals place each letter back into the 
negative space on the front layer.  I love this technique
and it can be done for many different cards.  You just
create a background or scene, die cut the word, stamp 
additional words, like the "You Are Loved" on the card.
I'm thinking of creating a Christmas Card using this technique.
What ideas do you have?  I would love to hear about them.

I apologize for not having photos of the inside of the card and 
the envelope.  On the inside, I recreated the sand dunes, leaving
a spot to add a die cut Adirondack chair using SU Wood Textures DSP
 and SU Seasonal Layers Thinlits Die.  

On the envelope, I created the sand dunes again to give a 
hint of what is inside the envelope. 


Supplies:
Paper
Crumb Cake Cardstock – 7 x 10, score @ 5 for card base (5x7)
Balmy Blue Cardstock – 6 7/8 x 4 7/8; front border layer
Whisper White Cardstock – two 6 ¾ x 4 ¾; one for front layer and one for inside layer
Wood Textures DSP – 2 ¼ x 1 7/8 to die cut the Adirondack Chair for inside layer
Stamping Mask Paper – stamp and cut out the dancing woman to use as a mask for the front layer
Scrap Paper to use as a mask for the sky and sea
5 x 7 envelope
 Ink
Memento Black to stamp dancing woman
Crumb Cake to stamp the sand dune and edge the panel
Soft Suede to stamp grass on the sand dune (stamp off); full color for the birds and sentiments on the front and inside (optional)
Balmy Blue to add the sky and base of sea, using a sponge dauber and to edge the front panel
Coastal Cabana to stamp in the sea, some stamped off and some full
Stampin’ Blends – Pineapple Punch for the hat on the woman with the Calypso Coral dress; Mango Melody for the hat with the Flirty Flamingo dress
Stamps
Blossoming Basket – “You Are Loved” Sentiment and Make A Difference – “Birthday”; there will be other options for you to select
Other
Alphabet Dies – to die cut word options; Happy, Smile, Thank, Dance, Hello, Life, Love, Hugs, or other 3-5 letter words.

Please make a comment if you have any questions about the card, Come Stamp With Me Classes, or how to order Stampin' Up products.  Have a creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment