Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Paper Pumpkin Alternative Challenge

I have been a Paper Pumpkin subscriber for almost 3 years.  I love getting the box in the mail each month.  It's like getting a present every month with a great surprise inside with which I can create fun cards and projects in a short time because everything is included.  So, for the next three days I'm going to post things I've done with Paper Pumpkin.  Today, I'm going to highlight a card I submitted to a challenge Stampin' Up held in January .  Tomorrow, will be the cards from December's kit and Thursday will be the January kit.  I'm going to work on some alternative projects for both December and January and hope to post those on Friday.

In January, Stampin' Up challenged all Paper Pumpkin subscribers to dig out old Paper Pumpkin kits that they hadn't used and make an alternative card with those supplies.  What a great challenge.  I decided to use two kits to make my card; October 2015 and May 2016.  I really liked the sentiments and floral stamps in October 2015 and just plain didn't like the May 2016.  So, I thought what could I do to create something I liked from these two kits?  Here is what I did.




I used Calypso Coral cardstock for the card base.  On Whisper White I stamped two flowers from the October 2015 kit in Basic Black.  Then using the new Stampin' Blends I colored in one flower with Daffodil Delight and the second flower with Calypso Coral.  I added Glitter Enamel Dots to the center of the flowers.  Using the new Leaf Punch shown in the 2017 Holiday Catalog originally, I punched out two leaves using Pear Pizzazz.  The white card front is from the May 2016 kit which was had a back panel of corrugated bright orange cardstock which I didn't like.  So, I took the Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral card front from the October 2015 kit and made that the back panel.  Along the center sentiment panel using the October 2015 stamp set I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black and small flowers randomly with Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral.  I attached the leaves under the white panel, did the Calypso Coral flower flat, and popped up the Daffodil Delight with mini dimensionals.  I fell in love with this card and it helped me see options for using a kit I didn't originally like and one that I liked the stamp set and colors, but not the actual cards.  So, I plan to play more with other kits and create alternatives to share with you.

If you aren't a Paper Pumpkin subscriber and want to know more, please contact me for information.  It is a fun way to play and be creative at least once a month without buying anything else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment