Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives for December 2017 Kit

Here are my two alternative projects for the December 2017 Paper Pumpkin Kit.  I have been inspired by Stampin' Up's Red Box Challenge in January to use old Paper Pumpkin Kits and create alternative cards (See the card I made on my February 6th post). I had so much fun using two different kits to create a card I really like.  For the December 2017 alternative cards, I combined them with products from the Annual Catalog.


These are the two alternative cards I created.  I
used the basic card base for each card.  From
there I got creative.  You can see the original
cards posted on February 7th to my blog.


For the first card, I used a Crumb Cake card base;
5 1/2 x 4 1/4.  I used the front panel from the
original card. I added the "OOPS" leaves and
love the pop they give.  Be sure to use yours and
make alternative cards with them.  I adhered
the front panel to the top of the card base, leaving
about 1/4 border at the top.  Using the
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, I punched out 3
butterflies using the Retired Butterfly punch.
I popped them up using SU Dimensionals.
I added a piece of the Berry Burst Baker's Twine
along the bottom edge of the front panel.  Then,
I stamped Congratulations in Berry Burst and 
layered it on top of the Berry Burst ribbon.

This is the inside of the card.  I added a piece of
5 1/4 x 4 Whisper White cardstock. 
Using Lemon-Lime Twist ink,I added
the leaf stamp three times, turning in different
directions.  Then, I added two Berry Burst butterflies.
The inside sentiment is from the July 2017 Paper
Pumpkin Kit, Positively Picturesque.


I used the kit card base for this card and didn't
add the Lemon-Lime Twist leaves.  I did add
the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. 
Using the Eclectic Layers Thinlits, I die
cut three flowers from Tangerine Tango
cardstock and added them using mini glue dots. 
Then I simply stamped Thank You in Soft Suede
in the right bottom corner. This has a simple
elegance.  I thought about adding punched
leaves to the flowers and decided not to do that.
I think it would be pretty.  You could also add
enamel shapes to the bottom of the card in
a straight line by Thank You or a random
scattering to create more texture.


For the inside of the card, I stamped two flowers
from the Oh So Eclectic stamp set in Tangerine Tango.
The sentiment is from the Retired stamp set,
Thoughtful Branches using Soft Suede ink.

I hope these alternative cards have inspired you
to make some alternative cards from this kit.
Have fun and be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment