Friday, February 16, 2018

Petal Passion Notecard

I fell in love with the Petal Passion Suite at On Stage in November and still find more ways to love it each day.  Here is a cute and simple notecard I made from the Petal Passion Suite.


I used the Whisper White Narrow Note Cards
from the Occasions Catalog
for the card base.  Then I used the
vine emboss folder from the Petal Pair
Embossing Folder on a 
4 1/2 x 1 piece of Whisper White.  I cut a
4 1/2 x 1 3/4 piece of the Petal Passion
DSP paper.  I lightly sponged Pool Party
on the DSP.  I adhered both of these pieces
together with the embossed piece on top of the DSP. 

I cut a 5" piece of the
Bermuda Bay Shimmer Ribbon from
the Sale-A-Bration Catalog and adhered it
with glue dots over the seam of the
two paper pieces.  Then I adhered this
piece to the front of the card. 

Using 1 3/8" Scallop punch found in
the Occasions Catalog,
I punched out the Pool Party back panel
for the bird.  I used the 1" circle punch
to create the white inner circle and glued
these two pieces together.

I stamped the bird in Basic Black, using Petal Palette
stamp set, on a piece of Whisper White.  I  die cut 
the bird using the Petals & More Thinlits.  Then I
lightly colored in the breast using the Light 
Pool Party SU Blend Pen.  I glued the bird
to the Pool Party & White Circle.  I added
this completed piece to the front
using SU Dimensionals for a little pop.
 
I lightly added some Wink of Stella to the
bird's breast for a little bling.  I didn't want to
add a sentiment to the front because I thought
it would make the front of the card too fussy.

I hope you enjoy this card and are inspired to 
create your own cards with your favorite
stamps, inks, dies, and paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment