Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Catching Up - Day 3, Moving on to 2015


2015 Cards - I did keep busy


January cards



 This card was made by my Stampin Up Demonstrator, Rebecca Fellowes.  She is so creative and I loved this card.  So, I decided to share it with my sister-in-law for her birthday in January.  So simple, so cute.  Thanks for your inspiration, Rebecca.


This is one of my favorite cards of all time.  I made this for my nephew-in-law for his January birthday.  This is using the Stampscapes style of creating scenic cards.  The Moose is not a Stampscape stamp and all other stamps used are Stampscapes.  Check out my link 
to the Stampscapes website.  It will blow you away.  I will
always be thankful for being able to take a class from
Kevin Nagakawa, the designer and owner of Stampscapes.



The top is another view of the front of the card.
The bottom is the inside of the card.  I really like to carry
the front of the card throughout the card including the envelope.



February - April

This was a difficult time for me.  I could not stamp.  I had
a nerve problem with my left eye and had double vision.
I had to wear a patch on my eye and it changed my
perspective.  I didn't enjoy working on cards and didn't 
have much creativity.  I also missed most of my family's 
birthday's which had never happened before.

My niece's birthday is in February and we share of love of
being creative and sharing our love of it with each other.
So, I surprised her in May when I was back and had my mojo
with the card below.  She was surprised and very happy. 
 I love  my niece and this card is a reflection of that love.

May



This is a 99% Stampin Up card.  I used Coastal Cabana paper
for the card base.  I embossed it with the polka dot embossing
folder.  For the white base it is Stampin Up Whisper White
embossed with the Happy Spring embossing folder.  The leaves are
in Garden Green paper and die cut with the SU leaves die cut.  
The flowers are done with SU Petal Potporri stamp set (retired) in SU Melon
Mambo and Calypso Coral SU ink.  The flowers are punched out using the
SU Flower Medallion punch.  The center is a pearl accent, not SU.
The butterfly is stamped with SU Melon Mambo using Papillion Potpurri and cut 
with SU Bitty Butterfly Punch.  It is accented with a pearl bead, not SU.  I like this card so
much.  I hope you do too.


Front of the card and front of the envelope.  I really don't think
it is a complete card if I haven't carried the theme through
the inside of the card and the envelope.


Another view of the front of the card and the 
back flap of the envelope.




June



This is a card for my artistic great nephew who 
creates pictures using spray paint and shapes.  I
wanted to do a card that reflected  his work.  This is not
my best work and my great nephew thought it was awesome.
He's so sweet.


Another perspective on the card.



July

I now have a great-great nephew; it is amazing to watch 
the new generations grow and develop into 
their own person.


I have always loved dinosaurs and thankfully
many of my great nephews do too.  I used the SU  
Dinoroar stamp set (retired).  The background paper is 


This is the inside of the card.  This is my favorite 
dinosaur in the stamp set.  Too cute.


Just to let you know there were other cards I made during this first seven months of the year.  Somehow, I didn't get photos of them.  So, no way to share with all of you.  It's just been one  of those years.



August

In  July and  August there were a number of people who passed away.
I made this simple sympathy card using a watercolor technique.



The card base is SU Soft sky card stock and one of
the layers on the front.  The darker layer on the card
is SU Early Espresso.  I used the same color inks as the paper
to stamp the card.  I watercolored a background and stamped the honeycomb 
from SU Butterfly Basics with SU Soft Sky ink and
stamped the leaf stalk and the sentiment from SU Simply Sketched
Hostess stamp set (retired)  with SU Early Espresso ink.
I stamped off the leaf without reinking to give the faded look.
On the left side of the card I embossed the card with a 
Darice border embossing folder.


The inside of the card, a simple leaf to carry the 
theme through the card.


A view of the front of the card and envelope.


The inside of the card and the envelope liner.  Again,
I like to add a liner to my cards to finish them 
off  as part of the card.


September - November

I did make cards during this time, some I just didn't 
take photos again and can't share them with you.
Many of them were Christmas cards that I will show in
the next post.  One more card for this post.

December


This card was made for my great - nephew for
his 20th birthday.  I can't believe he is no longer
a teenager.  This was a fun card to make.  I was inspired by
a card posted on Pinterest.  This is a simple masculine
card with very little stamplng.


The stamping that was completed was done with 
SU Gorgeous Grunge.  This is a fun stamp set and
I use it a lot.  The front sentiment is made from the SU oval 
scallop punch and the SU large oval punch.  The sentiment is  from
SU Express Yourself stamp set (retired) and done in SU Early Espresso ink.  The stars are cut
from various papers with the SU Stars Framelits.


No comments:

Post a Comment