Wednesday, April 13, 2016

More from early 2016 - almost caught up

February 2016


Dragonfly Triple Layer Card


This is my second triple layer card.  You can find the
dimensions and instructions for completing a 
triple layer card.  It is an old technique and one 
that is classic.  There are some techniques that
I want to use over time and return to over and over.
I made this card for my niece's 40th birthday.  She
loves dragonfly's.


I used SU Tempting Turquoise cardstock for the card 
base and contrasting layers.  I used SU Tempting 
Turquoise ink for the sentiments and to add some 
highlights to the card front and inside of the card.
The sentiment on the front is from SU Express Yourself
stamp set and is punched out using SU Modern Label punch.


This is the inside of the card.  The theme from the 
front is carried forward to the inside of the card and 
below on the envelope.  I used SU Tempting Turquoise,
Perfect Plum, Wisteria Wonder, and Old Olive inks on
                                        this card.  I did stamp off on some of the ferns and                                        dragonflies.  The stamps I used were from 
 SU Awesomely Artistic.   The sentiment is
the exception.  This is from the Stamp of Approval (SOA)
Young at Heart Collection, Casual Fridays Crooky Cake stamp set.       


This is another view of the front of the card and the 
envelope.  This card does reflect some of my 
favorites techniques and style of stamping.  I hope you 
enjoy it too and are inspired to create beautiful cards.  Please share 
your cards with me.  I love connecting with other artisans.




No comments:

Post a Comment