Thursday, July 14, 2016

Butterfly Stencil Card

One of the trends I discussed in my June class was the use of stencils in a variety of ways.  I also talked about people making their own stencils to create looks they like.  In case you haven't noticed, I love butterflies.  Using SU Butterflies Thinlit and Bold Butterfly Framelits, and one other die I created my own butterfly stencil.  I used my stencil to create the card below for my July SU Demonstrators class.




I started with SU Wisteria Wonder to lay a light foundation
for each butterfly.  Then I added Sweet Sugarplum 
followed by SU Perfect Plum and finally
by a light accent of SU Elegant Eggplant.  I added
more ink until I had the look I wanted.  I didn't like
the stark white background so very lightly added 
Wisteria Wonder and Sweet Sugarplum.  I edged the
card with Elegant Eggplant.

The butterflies are die cut with SU Butterflies Thinlit; the large 
one in Perfect Plum and the small one in Sweet Sugarplum.
The sentiment is from the SU November 2015 Paper Pumpkin
stamp set in SU Archival Black.

I'm going to try to make a few more stencils.  I hope you try it too.
You can use window sheets or  transparency sheets.  Use dies cuts and/or
punches to create the look you want.  These stencils aren't stiff
and can be a little hard to work with.  I think it is fun to 
create something of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment