Thursday, July 14, 2016

SU 2016-18 Watercolor card

For the class I taught in June, I had a simple sample of a watercolor card.  It was actually the birthday card for my 13 year old great nephew.  I needed a new watercolor sample for the class I was going to do for SU Demonstrators in July.  I love the new SU 2016-18 in colors and decided to use them.  I wanted to use the watercolor brush stroke stamp from the SU April 2016 Paper Pumpkin Everything stamp set.



I started by stamping the watercolor brush stroke in
each color slightly over lapping each color.  I started
with Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, Sweet Sugarplum,
Emerald Envy, and ended with  Dapper Denim.  

I thought I would stop there and then decided to go
one step further.  I spritzed the colors with water
first and then used a water brush to to spread the 
colors and emphasize the brush stroke.  I liked
the look and how it showed different shades 
of each color and added new colors when the 
colors blended together.

The sentiment is from the SU Layering of Love
stamp set in Dapper Denim.  I added SU Enamel
Accents in each color along the left side.  The accent 
panel is  Dapper Denim.

Many people have said that the new 2016-18
in colors don't go together.  I disagree.  I think they 
go together better than the in colors from the 
last few years.  I think this card shows how
they can go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment