Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Update on Ombre and use of Dies card

This is third update card from my Trends and Techniques class offered on June 1st (see June 5th post) to be used at my July SU Demonstrators class.  This is the ombre/rainbow card that also included use of dies on cards.

This is the Ombre/Die card from the June 1st class.  I did the Ombre in rainbow colors and used a complimentary pop color for the die cut word 'friend' and the sentiment stamp.  On this card I added small flowers along with the hearts that were stenciled.



For the update card, the layout is similar.  I did an ombre of 
blue hearts using SU Soft Sky, Pool Party, and Marina Mist inks.  I 
scattered the hearts across the card and like this look better.



For the die cut 'hello' I cut it out twice; once in Pool Party
and once in Marina Mist.  I put the Marina Mist in the back
to create a shadow effect.  For the sentiment, I created a 
banner and popped it up.

I like both cards, there are so many ways to change
the layout and colors to create a different look.  I
hope this inspires you to create your own design.

No comments:

Post a Comment