Thursday, July 28, 2016

Shaker Birthday Card

It is my Great-nephew Oakley's 12th birthday in July.  He is a fun kid and loves to tell stories.  I have called him my little monkey all his life because he can't sit still and bounces around.  So, I wanted to make him a fun card for his birthday.  I decided to make a shaker card and learned I have to rub the foam tape more or add cornstarch to keep the sequins from sticking.  Just a tip for you to have.  I wanted bright colors to match his personality.







Here's the front of the card.  You can see the sequins stuck all over.  Bah and it
still looks fun.  For the background I used Stampin Up (SU) Playful Backgrounds 
(141920) in SU Pool Party with some stamped off for a varied effect.  For the 
front of the shaker window I use Stamp of Approval's (SOA) Forever Young Collection
using the balloons and confetti in SU Daffodil Delight, Tangelo Twist, and Pool Party inks.
The highlight cardstock is SU Marina Mist.  The sentiment come from SOA's Forever Young
Collection stamped in SU Archival Black.




The inside of the card uses SU Remembering Your Birthday (R)
set for the scattered dots and the sentiments.


Here is the front again and the envelope.  I think it is
so much fun to decorate the envelope, especially when you 
mail your card.  Then you bring a moment of joy for all 
those postal employees who touch it and for the recipient
of the card.

I hope this gives you some ideas about color combinations, layouts,
or shaker cards.  Have fun creating and share your work with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment