Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Christmas Cards

I know the holidays are over and I am already starting to think about next year so wanted to share with you what I did this year.  I hope you are inspired to create your own unique expression through paper, ink, stamps, etc.

I always make different styles of cards because I make so many and quite frankly I get bored after about 25 cards.  All the cards are A2 size cards (51/2 x 41/4); some are turned and folded at the top rather than the side (those are the Joy at Christmas and the Snowman cards)

These first two cards are the same except for the background paper.  I ran out of the SEI Holly paper and so used another SEI paper that I had.  The center stamp is from Stampin Up and the holly in the corner is from Teresa Collins Cricut Holiday collection.  As you can tell I am eclectic in my supplies and designs.  This card made me happy when I was making it.  I was inspired by other Stampin Up artists on Pinterest.  I spend a lot of time on that site.









Sorry about this card sitting on its side.  I really had fun making this card.  It is made with a variety of stamps; older ones that I have in my stash.





This is a Stampin Up inspired card that I saw on Pinterest.  It is made from an older stamp set and is quite simple. 


This was a fun card too.  The stockings are cut from Teresa Collins Cricut holiday collection.  The background is embossed on the Big Shot with the wood grain folder as it the brown mantle.  It is a simple card and you can be creative in choosing the papers and designs on the cuff.



Another Pinterest inspired card.  I see cards on the site and then design my own.  The blue background is embossed with the Sizzix tree plate.  I cut out three ornaments with the Stampin Up 2012 ornaments die cuts.  Then I chose random paper for each ornament and added a crystal to the middle ornament and silver glitter to the right ornament.  The left ornament had enough design in its pattern.

 



This card is my favorite card for this season and probably for many other seasons.  Yes, I was once again inspired by a card on Pinterest.  I made many slight changes to the cards and like mine better.  The snowflakes are cut on silver paper from the Teresa Collins Cricut holiday collection.  I added silver glitter to the large and medium snowflake.  All the rest comes from Stampin Up.  The iridescent paper is embossed with the Snow Flurry embossing folder.  Notice the same accessory on my holiday ornaments are also on this snowflake.  I happen to really like this accessory.


 
 
I hope you are inspired and make your own cards from designs you see other paper artists create.  I think it is fun to take something and change it up.  Be inspired and share your joy.
 
 
Joyful and creative blessings,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment