Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sharing other cards I made in 2013

I have been making cards since the early 1980's.  I want to share some of the other cards or paper art I have made in 2013 and earlier.  I hope you enjoy them.

My great nephew turned 18 in December 2013, a momentous birthday.  This is the card I made for him.



This is the card I made for my great nephew who turned 15 in October.  I used old leaf stamps I have and Stampin Ups French Foliage.  I used a brayer to create the background with a number of inks and then stamped on top of the background.


This is the card and envelope together.



My youngest nephew got married in September.  This is the background for the front of their wedding card.  I used a silver patterned cardstock and then covered most of it with Washi tape.  I really like this technique.


 
This is the finished front of the wedding card.  I did many layers.  I cut strips of an embossed ivory cardstock and rounded the bottoms.  I cut them in different lengths and then spaced them across the front of the card.  This is a 5.5 x 5.5 card.  The middle section is silver cardstock, gray floral paper and then a white embossed section all covered with vellum saying with pearl dots and flowers on the four corners.  There is a floral vine to the left that is embroidered.  On the right two butterflies punched out from the same cardstock as the strips with an oval pearl in the middle.  I had fun making this card using the different layers and techniques.
 

This is the inside of the card.  Silver, then the embossed cardstock used on the front, and topped with the vellum saying.


 
This is the envelope using washi tape on the side and bottom.
 


 This is the birthday card I made for my nephew in-law in January 2013.  Much more complex than the one I made this year.  It just depends on my mood.  I like the collage technique I used on this card.  I like it as a masculine card and you could change the colors and background paper and make it for a woman as well.  I love when another card inspires me to make my own version.  I hope you do too.



Just another view of this card.



This is the 2013 birthday card I made for my great niece.  She is a girly girl and was into purple and pink back in May 2013.  Now, her favorite color is red.  Who knows what it will be when I am ready to make her card this year.  I will post it in June.  I do love butterflies which you will begin to see in my cards over time.



This is the envelope that went with the card above.


I made this card for a friend in May 2013.  Similar to my great niece, I used flowers and butterflies.  I made them about the same time and that was my mood.  I do love the colors and textures in this card.


Joyous and creative blessings,

Sher@SistersInk

No comments:

Post a Comment